Saturday, November 28, 2009

8oz Burger Bar on Melrose


Burger with truffle & parm skins

Perfectly cooked medium rare

Ok a famous chef Govind Armstrong and a trendy stretch of Melrose Ave does this make a great burger place??? Yes, but still not the best burger I have had in LA since I moved here in August. But the burger was VERY good and the truffle and parm potatoes skins were awesome. Before 7pm they have a combo for $15 that comes with 8oz burger, one side and a pint of craft beer that is worth the price of admission. Add $1 for cheese, can't have meat without cheese, and we are in business. I will be going back for that special next time I am on that side of town. The bun is another egg bun which I liked but a little too doughy for me and the sauce was great as well. The meat tasted great and they salt cure the meat in their own meat locker, but that said I think this burger would be better off griddled rather that on the fire. That is my preference for any burger though. Bartender was nice as well. They also have one of my top ten favorite beers La Fin Du Monde from unibroue. I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment