Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fu Rai Bo in West LA

Japanese Yam with raw quail egg


Broiled Mackerel Shoiyaki

Yes I love sushi BUT when you talk Japanese food next next best thing or the next most fun food experience is Izakaya Style restaurant. It is a drinking and small plates like tapas restaurant. Now I went to Fu Rai Bo by myself but I ned to go back with a group to get drunk and try Everything and I will take more pictures. Since I love quail eggs I had to order the japanese yams with raw quail egg and it was a little slimy but rich just like I like it. I also indulged in the hanpen(no picture) which is fishcake stuffed with cheese and it was DEELISH and I will order again. Another of my favorite izakaya dishes is the broiled mackerel. And the best thing is that it is fairly cheap!!! There were large groups of people and everyone drinking and eating and being merry. And so starts a new love affair with an authentic izakaya Fu Rai Bo. I will see you soon my new friend, Question is who's joining me for some japanese small plates and drinks????

No comments:

Post a Comment