Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Westside Tavern Los Angeles

West LA in a mall next to the movies is the fairly new Westside Tavern and it is one of those places that I just "GET". Is it a tavern? Is it a pub? Well now we call these a gastropub cause it is what I call a food foward pub. I have been many times and yes Grandma loves it too cause the bar is rocking and lively, get her a dewars rocks honey. The cocktails are very involved and sometimes take too long to make but they are good and strong and the beer list is nice as well I always go with the Brother Thelonious.
You can't ever go wrong with the grilled cheese and tomato soup, homemade hummus, cheese & cured meat board, BLT with soft fried egg(too bad it's not a quail egg), and they do have seasonal specials and raw oysters. I recently had the Niman Ranch flat iron steak and fries $23 and it was just what the doctor ordered.
But in this town the burger is what is king and a lot of people talk about what makes a burger good or pretentious or bad. I love this burger and I think it is great!!! I like the brioche bun it's delicious get over it people. The arugula which I usually don't like on a burger actually works. The burger is seasoned well and the grind is perfect. So kill me because I like an egg bun this burger is awesome. They will cook it perfectly to medium rare which some restaurants still really don't know what that means or looks like unless you are at Mastro's.

No comments:

Post a Comment