Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Laurel Tavern in Studio City

Laurel Tavern in Studio City has been in the last couple months one of my go to places.
The fact that they have no servers I have slowly been getting used to it, but will never love.
To sound a little Seinfeld like " what's the deal with no happy hour?" I have been there at 5-6pm and if they had their great craft beer selection at $2 off the place would be packed. I like the classic rock music BUT just not loud enough to sing along with Jimi, the Stones, or Zeppelin.
Ok, I'm done with my ranting cause the beers are great, all California craft beers, full bar, and a very interesting bar food menu. Yes they have Marrowbones, but I am addicted to the pork belly skewers with a maple glaze(don't tell my doctor). The cheese course is nice but how do we know what cheese is offered without a server? The burgers are good not great, but good enough so make sure you order the bluecheese burger.

Yes I will be back but please for all of us hire a server!!!!




Pork Belly


Marrowbones

No comments:

Post a Comment